Friday, April 23, 2004

When it's late at night and I know it will get even later, I like to put on "Put me in That Dungeon" by Mingus on repeat... it's got that swanky raunchy sax that you hear down moonlit alleyways and speakeasies from the roaring twenties, and then I like to pretend I'm puffing away on a handrolled cigarette, tossing my fedora on the oak desk and reviewing the facts and clues. It gives me something to work with while burning the midnight oil- and really when it comes to all nighters you need all the help you can get.
@#%^! There's nothing more annoying than getting consistently outbid by a dollar on eBay-- it's a constant reminder of being just a smidge shy of winning. I've been trying to track down an affordable Disney Treasure Goofy Collection, as its out of print and super-nice. I cannot believe I have dropped that ball and not been keeping track of these high quality cartoon compliations Disney silently pumps out. Now I'm tracking three 50 buck range dvds all over cyberspace. Ergh.
So yes, I am procrastinating; I have a feeling it'll be a long weekend which means no time for luxury activities such as this. And so in reponse to my last posting concerning drawing requests, here's is the list so far:
*Nate: illustrations for cut'n'paste novel
*Annie: a cricket no wait a helicopter
*Anna: "something" (your drawing's last!)
*Eddy: david bowie (of course) "circa 1976 looking badass singing Station to Station on stage, white bars of light behind him, looking very stark" AND "the sears tower getting hit by two airplanes simultaneously" ...I don't really have a comment...
*Mel: "the cookie monster in cookie withdrawal. elmo has stopped by his place to help him through it. but elmos was not prepared, oh no he was not, for the horror of cookie withdrawal. cookie monster won't stop asking for cookies. elmo gives him a carton of marlboro reds, and now cookie monster is rocking back and forth, chain smoking, with a twitch here and there."
*Shannon: a picture "capturing how eeeeeevillll bunnies and sandwiches are so i can hang it up in my rooooom!"
*Ben: King Louie from the Jungle Book (what a good choice)
*Max: a picture of me and him hugging
*Di: a photo of her and her friends
*Anna from BU: cartoon war (I kinda need another person for that...)
*Cooper: a monkey peeing in its own mouth (???)
*Jen: a picture of her under my guitar tutelage
*Megan: a Booms portrait
*Suzy: "happiness sitting out on the road looking past the rain clouds at a pot of gold :)" (oh, suz...)
*Sarah: dragonfly
*Jonathan (Hojee): a cathedral
*Tristan: double bass
Whew. When I put that question on my away message, I didn't quite imagine 35 reponses, but that's perfect. I'm working right away on them, on the order I received them, and if there's any more requests please leave a comment! I'm totally serious about this, and even if you want another picture let me know (cause Eddy certainly did, no huge surprise). As of now, I really should start working on my two papers.

No comments:

Blog Archive