Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I woke up with an irritable throat a few days ago and now my nose is red and raw from grabbing paper towels, toilet paper, anything other than kleenex (cause of course, when you need kleenex the most it is not there) to stop the congestion. Under the spell of allergy lethargy, I feel like being a bum and watching movies or reading on the couch-- except it's beautiful outside today and you can never be too sure with the Midwestern skies whether you'll see the sun again for a while. A few things:
Mike today was complaining about "Spiders (Kidsmoke)" on the new Wilco album, A Ghost is Born. The original live version of the track is arguably his favorite Wilco track, ever, and in his words, Jeff Tweedy "smacked the shit" out of it for the album. I don't know, but somehow this really reminded me how annoying that Norris is stocking everything Arizona now OTHER than their Iced T! That was MY drink and now they only have their crappy wannabes spawning in their aisles- and if that wasn't enough, Whole Foods stopped supplying Lactaid! It's these little things that I get most upset about.
Oh, and what is up with everybody getting married? I seperately heard about 4 engagements this week of people I know (good friends too)... don't get me wrong, congratulations to all of y'all but I can't even begin to think of being in that stage of life. A good friend from Jefferson Terrace stopped by my family's jewelry store yesterday and bought a ring (he's my freakin' age). I'm having enough trouble as it is living with myself. Crazy.
Well, the grant proposal is all sent in and now we must wait for the word. It's a little frustrating that we won't know when they'll get back to us, as if this doesn't work out, my summer is @#!%'ed. But Nate and I both feel pretty good about it, or at least I definitely do, so what's the use of worrying. I'll post some pics, a little taste of what we're cooking up, in a bit. As for now, I must start tackling midterms! Can you believe its almost the end of the 3rd week of the quarter??

No comments:

Blog Archive