Thursday, April 22, 2004

I had written a pretty lengthy post on 2-D animation, my younger years, and my later rejectment of everything art-related in applying to college. But, as you can probably guess, I let it sit and fester on my computer til my "Session Expired" and ate it all up. I won't try to recap it, but I will ask you (yes, you) to ask me to draw you a picture. And don't say "Okay, draw me a picture." The whole point, or at least one point, of this is for you to ask me to draw something that you want... or what you want me to draw. I'm still trying to sort of feelings of my past renouncement of drawing and most things art-related, and I think I'm getting closer. I find it incredible that most friends here up until recently never knew I was the "drawing kid" or that even I made my monster movie posters. Or that most don't see me as "the kid who draws." I still heavily regret not applying to any art schools, not one, or even responding to the many letters and catalogs sent during high school. I'm trying to feel out exactly why I suddenly stopped carrying a sketchbook around and how much I disconnected it and threw it away as part (well, a major) of my life (because that's kind of weird that that ever happened. Imagine having one single passion in the world, so intense and so crucial to every minute of the day, that dictated everything you wanted, everything you did, and everything you imagined, and having it suddenly die. Washed away without a drop of remorse.) But enough of that.
One of my favorite simple pleasures is feeling puffs of wind booming from the subwoofer on my feet listening to ridiculously loud music. Oh, and Ryan is in New York til Monday (CAH-RAAAAY-ZEEE!) And it's already the end of another week. Okay, De Young is here so I must wrap up this mess of words together. But leave a comment and tell me what you want me to draw for you! I'm serious-- and I will get them done as soon as I can (maybe post them?)-- and, as my Rhode Island friend would often say at the end of things, LAAAAADAAAAAAA

No comments:

Blog Archive