Monday, March 01, 2004

Man with the Couch
Ahh! Yes! Monday is here! Here comes the sun, along with flip-flops, short sleeved shirts, and a smile on my face with thoughts of spring and, hell, I'll be able to spend the day outside without pain! Spring quarter was glorious last year; it was technically my first winter (boy was it a doozy) and I remember how astounded I was coming home for Spring Break and Savannah at how green everything was-- so intensely green with a vibrancy and boldness I hadn't seen in months. But, as I normally do when it's warm in Evanston, I get lost in memories and of people at home... of crashing friend's pools in Baton Rouge, driving to Waffle House with Ben and John with the windows down, Colita, and, of course, tossin' the rang. I must start practicing again, as one hazy night I threw it and ended up about thirty feet away from me in the snow. Yeesh.
And then I realize, wait, I'll be home in exactly two weeks, and then chillin' in California with most of the gang. Winter Quarter is almost over, and that's an amazing/intense thought. These busy weekends have strapped time with rockets. Oh, and despite feeling worthless all weekend gripping for Min's shoot, good people were on set and Nazan and I came up with a pretty interesting fun film idea, inspired by Andy and I bringing the couch to wait for Michel Gondry/ Charlie Kaufman tickets at Norris (and not the Bukowski stories Zach lent me on set... though it'd be pretty funny if I could cram some of those ideas into it. Actually, probably not). It'll hopefully make full use of the great city of Chicago, and if things work out right, I will have a very productive spring quarter.
I'm on a Motown kick right now, and when you're listening to Motown, everything seems a bit brighter. Also got a heads up that good news for people who like bad news leaked, and it definitely delivers on "Float On's" promise. Also, I'm going to scan some drawings and post them soon, probably tonight or tomorrow. Now I'm wondering whether I should stop by Central Camera and the Apple store downtown (iPod still down & out), or stay in Evanston and enjoy the weather. Um, yes, I think the weather wins. Oh, did I mention March 5th is in 4 days...? On a Friday...?

No comments:

Blog Archive