Wednesday, March 10, 2004

5 Days
I was about to go to sleep last night when I started hearing thunderous yelling, roaring, right outside my window. Ryan looked at me, and jumped on his bed to look out the window to see T, drunk beyond belief, smoking a cigarette. "I SAW YOU CHANGING! AAAAH!" and proceeded to start rolling around in the grass all the while holding his cigarette afloat. We laughed, I gave him my lighter to light another cigarette, and we then proceeded to engage in a philosophical conversation, with T giving this Shakesperean monologue of the moon and the tides, of his new tattoo, how he was never happier sitting in the sink with the faucet on when he was a baby, and of protecting emotions. He had 12 beers in the past hour, due to some bizarre drinking game, and in the middle of talking about his fascination with runes and pagan myths of the moon, he took a moment midsentence and peed on the wall right by our window. It was a beautiful thing. T reminded me of one of those clowns in Shakespeare tragedies, with their red cherry nose, revealing as much wisdom as their alcohol blood level. Ah, College life!

5 is the lucky number of the moment; flashing five fingers in Haiti will, well, not be the greatest idea right now, singing five years will make you into a bonafide Bowienerd (which I might be doing right now), and five more days remain until this winter quarter is over and I'm back in Baton Rouge! I really miss Mama, Papa, Tatana, and Colita, driving around in my car (!), warmer weather, eating good food (oh God), excersing regularly again, and the freedom to do whatever I want. I don't think any friends will be in town, but that's fine, as I can focus my attention homewards and recharge my batteries. And then Cali, baby!

I have many photo-things to do, and I'm about to run into the darkroom again. But I figure I should drop a few words here. These days I'm either dragging myself towards the finish line or jumping in the sun (its out!). Walkmen show Thursday, which I fully expect to be mindblowing and nothing less. Party at Mike's friday, St. Patty's Parade Saturday (it will be a hard yet valiant attempt to outdo last year's), and Sunday is Sopranos again. Here comes the sun...

No comments:

Blog Archive