Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Potpourri
State of the Union:
1) Photography is becoming more and more alluring to me. I read through a couple of National Geographic magazines and it blew my mind. Reminds me of collecting Wildlife Fact Cards (anybody remember those?) back in the day and poring over National Geographic every month, looking for the weirdest animal to draw. For the apartment next year, I must remember to bring those binders of W.F.C.'s-- that stuff would be great to have around.
2)Speaking of that, I must first find a freakin' apartment for next year! Diane's putting the pressure on, and I need to decide on all this quick. Clarke Apt's are great and so is Diane, but 660 a month might not be so great. Plus, it'd be nice to live in a house if the guys decide on getting one.
3)Or wait, I could just bring those binders back for Spring Break. Two weeks! Unbelievable-- I can't wait for it. Home will be much needed, and California will be paradise. We will be deep-sea fishing, spending the night on an island, go hiking in the mountains, dive, and hike every day. You can be jealous.
4) Film ideas are burgeoning suddenly and unexpectedly, and I find two potentially fun things slowly but steadily demanding me. DeYoung's and I's animation idea is increasingly picking up steam, and things sound pretty exciting, if not a lot of work (though the good kind). I must also email Dana for a permission number for 380, as Man with the Couch has gotten too much attention and excitement to not develop now. OH man, but also I'll be Video Doc'ing Buskin' and editing that too along with Even if I Told You. Should give me clearer feelings on the whole film situation. Oh, and finally:
5) Birthdaypalooza. Unnerstand?

So yes, but most importantly than any of those, photography is subtly changing things in me. I look at every photo now in magazines completely differently, fully absorbing and focusing. Must subscribe to National Geographic again tomorrow. Summer plans have died once again, and now I'm working on Plan C, which might involve looking to be a photographer's assistant in a paper in Baton Rouge. How unbelievable would that be? It'd kinda be lame to spend another summer in Baton Rouge, especially when nobody will be there anymore. But I don't have any better plans, and doing photography for the summer would be amazing. Anybody got other suggestions? Hm? Buller? Anybody staying for BR for the summer (or a part of it)?

No comments:

Blog Archive