Thursday, February 26, 2004

Bad Things
This was without a doubt the quickest week I've ever seen rocket down the highway, about to slam into the brick wall that is this weekend. Min's shoot is more of a test of endurance than I'd initially thought/hoped as its threatening to swallow up yet another weekend. Crazy how my weeks are my easy days, no?
But things have been rescheduled accordingly, as we had poker tuesday (lost six bucks) and the film paper got extended a week. A week...wait that means...its due on March 8th, which means...ep, wait for it.... BIRTHDAYPALOOZA next weekend! Now I'm not sure if Nate's and my plans of a massive BIRTHDAYPALOOZA (all caps is absolutely required) will bear any fruit (or fermented fruit and oranges for that matter) but here's hopin'. At the very least, it would be nice to have any kind of celebration devoted to me, and only me (bwaha). Well that's not true either, as Nate's is a day before mine, but you get my drift. So, I hope you, ahem, have already got a present in mind heh. It'll hopefully be an event of massive proportions, as my birthday last year was, meh, alright enough. Laura, Houston, and Leighanne were there so that was awesome...but this year, March 5th's on a friday, and must be treated as such. Ahhh, yes, very nice. Enough about me.
I recently purchased the Book's Food for Thought, as having consumed Lemon of Pink voraciously throughout the past week (or weeks now?). I haven't fully let it sink yet, though I really enjoyed Lemon of Pink's cohesiveness and particular sound which isn't what Food for Thought was about. Interesting stuff. And that Walkmen album is only getting better; those vicious sixteenth (or thirtysecond?) power chords in "The Rat" kinda hammer and dent your skull in after a while, only to let the mantra-esque sweet vocal melodies to soothe and massage it afterwards. Check it out if you haven't already. It's time for me to stroll up to Norris to meet some friends and wait around for two hours for Charlie Kaufman/ Michel Gondry showing of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind tickets to go on sale... them tix be smokin' hot. Too bad the iPod is having some serious problems (!) what does exactly does it mean when its flashing a picture of a folder and exclamation point and won't turn on?? (Answer: Bad things.)

No comments: