Tuesday, February 17, 2004

We have Visuals
Ah, jeez. After many hours of experimenting, figuring out how to use this newly acquired scanner, and trying to find a decent picture manager online, I think I've finally come up with a working system. I replaced the Anna Karenina book cover with some pictures I took with John last summer at an abandoned chemical facility across my neighborhood in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. You have NO idea how hard it was to actually make this work! Geocities is completely unhelpful, so is yahoo pictures, and ultimately I found this weird New Zealand photo site. It's still kind of a pain in the ass to manage it, but I think I finally got it down.
You'll find that when you click on the image, it should open to a high-res scan of it in a different window. It seems as if my HTML copy-and-pasting isn't too Mac-friendly...I'm just learning all this so I'll say I'll fix that soon but I'm a bit clueless on how- I'll try to get my friend Jeffrey to help. As of now, enjoy these scans. The first image is pretty self-explanatory; I saw that powerline everyday driving out of my neighborhood back home- I like the assymetrical lines and flow of the image. The second photo is the Batmobile: that summer's ride of choice. That sucker's survived hurricanes, crazy drunk drivers, and LSU-tequila juiced nights, and is highly worthy of respect and reverence. The rest are pictures of the facility; I have many more but I just uploaded those as a test to try to get this working. Oh, except for the guitar pic-- that's my pride and joy. A few more tinkerings and the site should be ready for unveiling-- as for now I really should stop messing with this and start reading.

No comments: