Monday, February 16, 2004

A New Day, a New Blog
Hello everyone; for some reason I devoted the entire afternoon and evening today to the glorious act of "blogging." See, I wrote a lengthy post on my old webjournal, on Xanga, and then when I posted it, of course, some internal error server deleted the entire post. I HATE Xanga, and decided to check this place out, as I'm booting Xanga. And so, not content in settling for a preprogrammed layout, I tried making my own layout, learning HTML, etc. Ultimately I came up with a strange hybrid, as you see here, stealing various aspects of various blogs. I'm gonna fine-tweak some more stuff with the layout and things as I learn some more tricks.

As a general layout, hopefully the space to your left will include drawings and photographs I've done; as of now it's a pretty picture of the book I've been trying to read this quarter. To your right, you will find links to sites I visit quite a lot, for good or for bad, and you'll find a glimpse into what media I'm surrounded with at the moment. Films will be the latest I've seen (hopefully posting my reviews for them here as they'll appear in the sidebar), music will have the songs/albums I'm obsessed with at the moment (also hopefully there will be reviews of the song as I post them) and books that I'm currently in the middle of. Ultimately, this site will be a continual glimpse into my thoughts but more importantly what I'm passionate about at the moment, posting my feelings and thoughts of the images, films, and songs that I'm constantly absorbing.

So yes, this sounds like it does require continual regular posting, something I'm not too great at, but I'm trying. This blog, as my Xanga blog, will hopefully give me a chance to write more often. I by no means consider myself a great writer, but I enjoy it and would like to improve. Oh,and it would be way cool to have the music links on the right link to a snippet of the song- does anyone know of any site like this I could link to? Also, does anyone know how I can store and post my own images? I just realized I don't even have a comment-dealio thing set up, so I'll fix that tomorrow. I can't freaking believe its 10:00pm already! Time for some work.

No comments: