Wednesday, February 18, 2004

This scanner rocks-- I just scanned a doodle I did in History of Film today of Scott Curtis as a Romero Zombie ("MUST EAT...BRAINS..."). Maybe I'm just extremely vain and narcissitic, but its very surreal to see your drawings (and even handwriting) through the scanner and on your computer. It gives it this other quality, that almost seperates and distances it from your perspective, that I really like. This is hopefully what this site will be all about- NOT a vanity project but more of a method to spur my creativity (drawingwise and writingwise) and encourage it. But I don't have time to upload it, I must grab a bite to eat at Crowe and slink into the shadows of the darkroom; whence forth I will nay venture out. Photo project due tomorrow; I'm trying to figure out a way to get by with only one roll (I think it might work) but nonetheless I will probably be in the darkroom til 10 (whoopee). Maybe later tonight I'll post it up, and set up a response comment system as well. If not, I would say for the weekend, but I'll be working on a professional music video shoot in Chicago for the band Sleeping at Last! Never heard of the band, other than they've been touring with Switchfoot, but its pretty exciting to be working for a professional film shoot with all these L.A. types. Hopefully, I'll be still photographer for the shoot, which is great considering they might pay me, and if the band likes the pics, they might pay me too and I might get published somewhere (!). However, this is a remote possibility, so at the very least it'll be a good experience-- it just has the potential to be something fierce. Okay, must grab a turkey croissant sandwich!

No comments: