Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Damn skippy, I changed the whole site 'round. I don't really know what the number 897 means, or the star image for that matter, but until I figure more HTML it'll stay there. Don't think of this as anything permanent, but more as a continual evolution (and I was bored). I wish I could expand the width of this whole thing so I the pics on the right could be bigger but that sounds very complicated.
If you are a fan of comics at all, even in the least bit, you have to check out The Complete Peanuts 1950-1952. Its a collection of Schulz's earliest strips, and it has some of the funniest/saddest/angriest strips ever written, especially considering really how out of context it is (these strips are of a culture and time over half a century ago). David Michaelis writes a great essay in the back and sums up pretty much everything I love and adore about Charlie Brown, Lucy, Snoopy, Schroeder, Peppermint Patty, and Linus. Yes, I know its lame that I'm referring to my thoughts through another mouthpiece, but... I'm lazy.
Lazy, yes, and about to catch the White Sox game downtown with the regular crew. A sunny day, Olde English, bratwurst, and a slugfest of a game! Ahhh, it almost makes me render school completely irrelevant. When I return I hope to scan the official illustrations for Chapter 1 of Exquisite Corpse, which if you haven't checked out yet, do so now. So! Images soon! Baseball sooner! And Cuba hopefully not too far away...

No comments: