Wednesday, August 01, 2007

monkeycosmonaut

This monkey brings good news to the online Miguel world! Migueljiron.com is very close to launch, and will be operational soon. And, that is all really. I have moved back to New York, I work 9-5 for two art studio internships, live in a small green room, in greenpoint, and will probably never get rid of all the sea-green paint off my hands. It's also hot. And I'm pretty sure I got ripped off buying this lazy window fan from these sketchy polish guys. The fan though, unfortunately, is not green.

So with the heat and sudden responsible scheduling of my life (read: waking up early), sleep is hard to come by these days. But when it does happen, the dreams are a little disturbing. The latest of my ongoing deep-rooted nightmares of being plunged into a large body of water in a car involved Bill and Hilary Clinton arguing (Bill driving, Hill shotgun). I don't remember what was the dispute but it was definitely petty, vaguely Michael Scott-ish, and all of a sudden, boom, water rising. What to make of this? Especially when a few days later THIS happens. There are times when I miss my beloved CRV (R.I.P.) but these days I'm enjoying (or acclimating to) the solid, smelly ground beneath my feet.

No comments: