Sunday, November 14, 2004

Three Weeks, eh?


Cartola
Originally uploaded by mibaji.
absolutely obsessed with:
*Soul Jazz Records. Good God, I don't think I've been this so crazy head over heels in love with a musical entity (artist, group, album, in this case, label) since I ... well, ok, so it happens a lot, but still, don't let that demean my excitement's significance. "no, like seriously, i mean, seriously dude, seriously... "
* mo' specifically: Saturday Night Fish Fry of prime cuts of New Orleans funk & soul... if that doesn't get you salivating or at all at least the bit excited, I'm not sure we can relate.
* procrastination, obviously.
* only other non-soul jazz album i'm playing madly right now: Way Beyond Nashville mix of alt. country. it starts with loooongtime favorite "blackbirds" by erin mckeown that i, get this, remember downloading on Napster's Favorite New Artist page waaaaay back in the day! It then tosses in some Merle, Nicholai Dunger, Sam Cooke, sleepy jackson, etc. all together.
* oak ageing (and I guess punching too)
* Cartola. The guy's what Ibrahim Ferrer would've been doing if he listened to more samba and brazilian deliciousness. And if he was more badass (that voice! just look at that picture!)


jivin' with:
* work has been pretty nice, my jackolantern won the big prize at norris and sound & sight had a little pizza party. as soon as my boss sends the picture of our "Vegeorcist" exorcist pumpkin (complete with revolving swivel head puking out pumpkin guts, vinegar as holy water to sprinkle, endless tape loop of "carve me! carve me!", and too many other details), i'll post them
* i have to take a danish language class while i'm over there- the book describes the language akin to someone with a throat disease with a potato dislodged in their necks. that sounds awesome.

dreading:
* 10 page screenplay (final of sorts) for tolchinsky. absolutely fed up with cliche bullfodder and the class in general, i wrote my last synopsis in utter cynical spite and contempt making the most banal and cliche ridden thing i could think of. he told me that synopsis was my best one. EEEYARGH

No comments: